Sunday, August 31, 2014

REWIND TO YOU BY LAURA JOHNSTON - REVIEW

21538571
pic and description taken from Goodreads

Description:

One last summer before college on beautiful Tybee Island is supposed to help Sienna forget. But how can she? This is where her family spent every summer before everything changed, before the world as she knew it was ripped away. 

But the past isn’t easily left behind. Especially when Sienna keeps having episodes that take her back to the night she wants to forget. Even when she meets the mysterious Austin Dobbs, the guy with the intense blue eyes, athlete’s body, and weakness for pralines who scooped her out of trouble when she blacked out on River Street. 

When she’s with Austin, Sienna feels a whole new world opening up to her. Austin has secrets, and she has history. But caught between the past and the future, Sienna can still choose what happens now…

My Review / Thoughts:

FAN FREAKING TASTIC!  Let's just get that out of the way.  This story was such a sad, and beautiful story all at the same time.  

I love that this book is told in alternating POV.  I love it when a book does that.  I love to know what is going on in the head of all my characters.  Some books offer that, and some touch on it.  This book on the other hand captured it all, and it was awesome.

Sienna - She is a fantastic, and complex character.  She is damaged and doesn't really know how to "make things better".  She has had tragedy in her life and doesn't seem to be able to forgive herself for things that have happened.  She is struggling, and trying hard to be happy, even though her mother seems to have mapped out her life for her.

Austin - Well "swoon"...ahhhh.  The minute he comes into the book I fell in love with him.  No, I am completely serious.  He is just the type of guy I would want my daughter to find and marry some day.  I cannot think of one thing I didn't like about him.  He has his flaws as well as some secrets.  He is trying very hard to make the best out of the life he has.  His so kind, caring, compassionate, and down right sexy.  (Well at least in my head he is.  Johnston does a great job of making a drool worthy character).

There are some other characters in this book that I ended up liking as well.  I really liked Sienna's younger brother.  Problems and all.  He was actually quite funny.  

Sienna's mom is my least favorite character.  There always has to be at least on character that you don't like right?  Sienna's boyfriend Kyle is also a character I felt like hitting upside the head the entire time.  He is the type of guy you PRAY your daughter doesn't fall in love with!  I just cannot stand him.

When Austin and Sienna met I couldn't wait to read on and find out what was going to happen.  I devoured this book.  I couldn't put it down.  It seems like every time I had to it was a critical part of the book.  UGH, that "mother" thing can be so bothersome when you are reading such a great book that you just cannot put down.  Hehehe.  KIDDING.  I love my kids ;).

Just when I thought all was well something else would happen.  Johnston has some beautiful writing.  Now, for my FAVORITE thing about this book...it's CLEAN.  It's a beautiful books about loss, betrayal and best of all unconditional love.  

Seriously, there is nothing I can say about this book that I didn't love.  Other than those characters that are thrown in there that are great "love to hate" characters.  That just means the author did there job in keeping the book balanced.   I honestly could feel the hurt and pain they were going through, as well as the joy.  One minute I am crying the next I am grinning ear to ear.  This is such a fan freaking tastic book.  

Source:  I was given this ARC ebook by the publisher in return for an honest review.  I was not compensated for this review.  These are my own PERSONAL thoughts on the book.

My Rating:
5 out of 5...although to me it deserves another star!!

Where to Buy: (Or Pre-Order)
The book will be available September 15, 2014



About the Fabulous Author:
Laura Johnston
pic and bio taken from Goodreads

Laura Johnston is the author of REWIND TO YOU, a YA contemporary romance releasing on September 15, 2014. She fell in love with the young adult genre both through her experience in high school as well as her job later as a high school teacher. Laura enjoys running, playing tennis, sewing, traveling, writing, writing and more writing, and above all, spending time with her husband and kids.

2 comments:

  1. I just skimmed your review since I"ll be reading and reviewing this soon for the tour. I just wanted to see if you liked it and I'm so glad you did. Makes me glad I signed up for this one. :)

    ReplyDelete