I am so excited to participate in this again. I got through quite a few books last year, I hope that I will be able to get to as many this year :).
So in the words of Tressa @ Wishful Endings
(ALL INFO COURTESY OF TRESSA @ WISHFUL ENDINGS)
The Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon begins Monday, September 8th and ends Saturday, September 20th. You do not have to be a blogger to sign up. Just use your Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or Tumblr instead (the place you're going to post updates on). You just need to be able to leave a link. For signing up, you should create a sign-up post and use that as your link (the URL feild) you'll use in the linky below.
Please sign up by using the linky at the end of the this post. You MUST be signed up in the linky to enter any related giveaways and participate in the challenges.
You can sign up through September 17th.
You're welcome to participate as much or as little as you'd like. The read-a-thon is to encourage us all to read so that we can tackle those tbr piles, not to cause extra stress. ;) You will see requests for updates, but there are no requirements that you leave an update every day. Daily updates are great, though, to help us all stay motivated and cheer each other on. If you do want to post a daily update, here is a simple template (omit or add things as you like):
(Day of the week)
How much I read today:
Today's finished books:
Total number of finished books:
Titles of finished books:
We will be using hashtag #TackleTBR on Twitter for updates and tweets. This is also a great way to find others participating and give some encouragement.
There will be a giveaway that I will host for all read-a-thon participants. I haven't completely decided on what all will be on there, but I'll know by the time this begins. A little mystery is always good, right? :) You should know that it will at least include a $15 Amazon gift card.
If you’re participating in the read-a-thon and would love to host a challenge, this is what you need to know:
There aren't a lot of requirements to host a challenge, but here they are:
- You must have a blog to post on so that everyone has access to your post and can participate.
- Posts need to be up by 8 am wherever you live on the day of your post.
- Your challenge can be as easy (asking a question and the participant leaving a comment or linking a post on their blog, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.) or as difficult as you like. Just be sure it’s something participants can do if they don’t have a blog.
- Challenges should include a giveaway. It can be something as small as a bookmark, a $5 gift card, or a book you have that can be shipped to the winner, or a larger prize, such as a new book or $20 gift card (you'll need to include details, such as for US entrants or open internationally, etc.).
- Your blog needs to be family friendly.
Ready to sign up to host a challenge? Please fill out THIS FORM!
I don't think I will be posting any "hard" commitments because it's been a crazy beginning of the school year. I am hoping to at least read a book a day, but the likely hood of that happening is probably to unattainable :). But, go big or go home right? I hope I can post the two Wednesdays before the read-a-thon ends. So excited.
Thanks Tressa for hosting again. I am excited to be part of this!