Friday, October 25, 2013

My Thoughts - Unwind by Neal Shusterman

UNWIND by Neal Shusterman

picture taken from "Goodreads"

DESCRIPTION: (taken from Goodreads)

The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.

My Thoughts:  (I don't know if I can really call it a "review")


I was a little reluctant about reading this book because I had heard how "disturbing" it was.  Sometimes I like to enter the dark, and twisty world, as long as it's not "gross"!  This was very interesting!  I totally didn't know what to expect, but I actually really enjoyed this book!  The whole idea is a little disturbing, and I often wonder what takes an Author to that place!  BUT, having said that, I guess it's so we can be brought into a world we are not use to!

Connor and Risa have a relationship that kind of comes out of desperation, yet it turns out to be such a great companionship,  considering the world they live in!    I also grew to love Lev!  He wasn't my favorite for a long time, but he redeemed himself and became a character I cared about!  I hope that all three continue in the rest of the series!

I love that some of this takes place in Arizona, because I could relate to it, and knew exactly where they were when they referred to Happy Jack, Arizona!  

I personally think that this book is pretty clean considering the whole "Unwinding" concept!  I would recommend this book if you enjoy Dystopian books!  

My Rating:

I gave it 4 out of 5 Stars ****

*I bought this book from Itunes and listened to it!  The narrator was really great!
*This is my PERSONAL opinion of the book, and I am not affiliated with Itunes, or Goodreads!  

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. I've seen this one around, but actually haven't read a review for it. Another to add to my tbr. I see that it's payback time. ;)

    ReplyDelete